Beginning My Teaching Journey...

        My first year teaching was full of many ups and downs. I had just moved to a new state 12 hours from everyone and everything I knew. I was excited and eager to teach but nervous and afraid at the same time. I was lucky enough to begin my teaching career at a very supportive school that has an amazing staff and administration. I had spent the past two years applying to multiple districts and schools in New York with no luck so I decided to make a huge decision for my future. I applied and was accepted to Teach for America. An organization who placed new and veteran teachers in high needs ares in hopes to make an impact and work towards a change. I know Teach for America has many positive and negative aspects but I have loved my experience as a member of the 2014 ENC corp. Last summer TFA gave me the opportunity to teach summer school in Tulsa, OK something I probably never would have done without their support. I am currently beginning my second year and wrapping up my Master's degree through Johns Hopkins University. Looking back at the past few years, I would change a thing. Even though being far away is hard I am grateful for the experiences that I have had and will have over the next few years. With this blog I plan to share my experience during my second year in second grade. I look forward to beginning this next chapter with you and continue to learn and grow as an educator along the way! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment