Classroom Management: Starting the Year off Strong

This past school year I struggled a lot with classroom management. I spent a majority of the year I tried a bunch of things till I found something that works. I started the year off with a clip chart, then added Class Dojo which worked for the most part however I still have a small group of kids who just always seemed unengaged. By the end of the year I was using both the clip chart and Class Dojo along with Whole Brain Teaching and the amount of behavior issues minimized drastically. My goal this summer was to create a classroom management plan so that I can start the year strong and remain consistent throughout the year. I have attending multiple online behavior management professional developments as well as met with fellow teachers to discuss what worked for them and what didn't. I plan on following the whole brain teaching lesson format along with the use of their rules right from the start. I also plan on continuing to use my clip chart along so that the students have a visual reminder of their behaviors. Last year I used weekly newsletters where the students had to color in where they were on the chart daily and have their parents sign. This year I plan on adapting my newsletter format to allow more open communication about behaviors and concerns between the families and myself. I hope that by starting the year off with a solid plan I will spend more time teaching the content then redirecting behaviors. If you have any advice or would like to share your thoughts on behavior management in a primary classroom feel free to comment using the link below! I would love to hear your thoughts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment