Kaboom!

Have you ever heard of the game Kaboom! Well let me tell you about the difference it made it my classroom! Kaboom is a game with popsicle sticks that have words, numbers, or pictures on them. Students take turns to pull sticks out of the cup and read it or answer it out loud. If the student pulls kaboom out of the cup all sticks must go back and start over. I find this a great center for review and fluency especially for the math facts! 

At the end of last year, I had the students create their own Kaboom review centers. They created money kaboom, time kaboom, addition kaboom, and subtraction kaboom! The kiddos loved being the creators and the games had them occupied for the entire intervention block that I didn't even need to stop and check to make sure they were doing what they needed too! Below are some of the pins and blogs that introduced me to kaboom! Never in my mind did I think that I would be so in love with a center! 


If you use kaboom in your classroom: what are some of the ones you have created? 

Click here to read The Star Spangled Planners post on Kaboom! 


Click here to see Kaboom ideas on Pinterest! 

No comments:

Post a Comment