Second Grade Shenanigans

     Ever since I was old enough to talk I always said when I grew up I was going to be a teacher. After years of school, internships, and day care jobs I finally am and I couldn't be more happy. Now as I am beginning to prepare for my second year, I can't help but look back at last year and think about everything I learned and all the help fellow educators blogs have done for me.
   
     At the beginning of last year I made a list of goals for myself the first goal was to survive my first year teaching, which I can say I survived. My next two goals consisted of creating a teaching website and starting my very own teaching blog. I alway find my self scrolling through other blogs reading about class experiences and resources. That made me want to share my experiences with others as they have with me. Now since this is my first blog I know I will be doing a lot of learning along the way. But as a way to kick off my blog I just want to share my five favorite things about teaching that I have learned over the course of my first year.


  1. Teaching is one of the hardest jobs in the world!
  2. The ah-ha moments are the absolute best. When my students would struggle with something I would do what ever I could just to see the moment where it all clicked.
  3. Second grade is one of the most fun and craziest grades. I spent three years working with the upper grades so starting my career off in the 2nd grade was kind of frightening but I wouldn't change it for the world.
  4. Technology is a teachers best friend and a teachers worst nightmare. Being an educational technology major I thought I could handle it all but boy was I wrong. From Smartboards shutting down to computers not working I faced it all! But one thing it taught me was to be flexible and always have a plan b!
  5. Procedures! Procedures! Procedures! They set the stage for your classroom and a years worth of learning. Without them you simply cant get anything done! 



No comments:

Post a Comment